What is McAfee Security for Metro by T-Mobile with ID Theft Protection?
The suite of McAfee products includes:
- Anti-virus and data security protection for up to 10 devices with the McAfee Security for Metro app.
- Premium password management with the True Key ™ app.
- Identity Theft Protection with cyber monitoring, 24/7 live assistance for lost wallet coverage, identity fraud support and more.
What potential threats does McAfee Security for Metro by T-Mobile protect against?
McAfee Security for Metro by T-Mobile with ID Theft Protection helps you:
- Keep your identity and devices secure against the latest viruses, malware, and online threats.
- Ensure apps aren’t more intrusive than expected.
- Check for URL, developer reputation and risky app sources
- Remove risky apps with one-tap uninstall.
- Get warned when apps are stealing your data and easily quarantine bad apps.
- Block infected and phishing websites.
- Be warned of unsecured Wi-Fi connections and hotspots.
- ID Protection has proprietary technology that scans online black markets and alerts you when your personal or financial info is at risk.
- Cyber Monitoring analyzes millions of data points in real time to alert you if your data is being misused.
- Lost Wallet helps you cancel and reissue wallet contents like ID, credit cards, medical cards and more if you lose your wallet.
- ID Restoration Service: Dedicated agents provide guidance and can even act on your behalf to help you restore your identity if it’s stolen.
- $1M Identity Theft Reimbursement covers you for qualifying ID recovery costs like lost wages, legal fees, and fraudulent bank charges. Feature not available to residents of New York or Puerto Rico. Subject to terms and conditions.
How do I activate or register McAfee Security for Metro?
- Follow the link for the McAfee Security for Metro app from the text message you received or download it directly from the app store.
- Create an account with your mobile number and email address
- Turn on the requested permissions
- Click “Set up” on the home screen to enable your premium features.
How do I ensure that my content is protected?
Register your mobile number via the McAfee Security for Metro app, follow the simple directions in the set up process and be sure to provide the requested permissions to enable full protection. For more information on McAfee® security and ID theft protection, please visit mcafee.com/metrobyt-mobile..
How many devices are covered under McAfee Security for Metro?
You can add the McAfee Security for Metro software to up to 10 eligible household devices per account.
What devices does McAfee Security for Metro support?
McAfee Security for Metro supports PCs, Macs, smartphones, and tablets and wearables:
- iOS phones and tablets
- Android™ phones and tablets
- Windows® computers
- Macintosh® computers
- Wearables & smartwatches
Note - not available on IoT devices
How do I locate a lost or stolen device and protect its data?
Log into metro.mcafeemobilesecurity.com to:
- Locate your device on a map
- Sound an alarm to help pinpoint the device’s location
- Initiate a Thief Cam “selfie” that takes a picture of whoever is holding your device
- Remotely lock and wipe your data to protect your privacy
Note: the experience may vary based on the type and model of your device
What are the system requirements for the McAfee Security for Metro app?
Visit mcafee.com/consumer/en-us/store/m0/system_requirements.html for the latest information on compatibility and requirements
What is True Key?
It’s an application you can download on all your devices to remove the hassle of passwords. True Key™ works in the background to make your current passwords stronger, remember them, and instantly log you into an unlimited number of websites and apps– so you don’t have to. And the information is securely synched across your devices so it’s available when and where you need it.
How do I get access to my premium True Key features?
To activate your premium True Key service the you must –
- Download and register your McAfee Security for T-Mobile app.
- Log into your McAfee account at: www.mcafee.com/myaccount
- Find the True Key activation code at the bottom of the page.
- Download the True Key App
- Choose settings
- Click True Key Profile
- Enter the McAfee True Key activation code for premium access
What can I store in my True Key app?
The True Key app provides a secure place to store sensitive personal data of all kinds, including account logins, notes, credit cards, ID cards, and more.
How many sites can I store in the True Key app?
The True Key app includes unlimited log-ins and accounts for websites and apps.